Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) president Andrew Kamanga says it is regrettable that the Chipolopolo started the campaign without a substantive coach in place which saw them lose the first two matches against Algeria away and against Zimbabwe in the AFCON Qualifiers.
In his President Column, Kamanga says the Association’s efforts to recruit a coach suffered serious resistance leaving the Football governing body to rely on local coaches that oversaw the first two matches.
In reference to Micho’s appointment, Kamanga says it is never easy taking the stewardship of any team midway through a campaign as tough as the Africa Cup of Nations.
"In reflecting on this failure, we cannot avoid regretting that we started the campaign without a substantive coach in place which saw us lose the first two matches against Algeria away (5-0) and against Zimbabwe (2-1). Our efforts to recruit a coach suffered serious resistance leaving us to rely on our local coaches that oversaw the first two matches," Kamanga said.
"Midway through the campaign we eventually found a coach and we have been shaking up things since then. It is never easy taking the stewardship of any team midway through a campaign as tough as the Africa Cup of Nations."
Kamanga has observed that not having a coach in place may not have been the only reason for the AFCON qualification crash but also at times the team did not dig deep enough at times on the pitch when the situation demanded.
"Not having a coach in place may not have been the only reason for the AFCON qualification crash but also at times we did not dig deep enough at times on the pitch when the situation demanded. There were times when everything humanly possible was done to ensure that we get a positive result, but our performance came short on the pitch," he said.
He believes with the experience from the AFCON Qualifiers, FAZ will rally behind the players so as to mount a formidable challenge for World Cup qualification.
"We have been long enough in football to appreciate the three possible outcomes. We believe with this experience we can rally our players and everyone to mount a formidable challenge for World Cup qualification."
KAMANGA MUST REMEMBER IT IS THREE TIMES IN A RALL. NOT JUST THIS TIME. LET HIM JUST ADMIT THAT HE IS A FAILED PROJECT. PERIOD.
ReplyDeletePlease sir just step down and don't forget that you promised us on TV.. In case you have forgotten ...( Sunday interviews )
ReplyDeletePlease sir just step down and don't forget that you promised us on TV.. In case you have forgotten ...( Sunday interviews )
ReplyDeletePlease sir just step down and don't forget that you promised us on TV.. In case you have forgotten ...( Sunday interviews )
ReplyDelete